Sunday, July 22, 2007

A Most Elegant Death

(Michael Whelan's Passage: The Red Step, 1995) Tammy Faye Messner died Friday, less than 24 hours after appearing on Larry King Live. She requested the interview, said what she had to say, and died.

I smell navigation.

As I’ve written before, reality is a messy, paradoxical dance of chaos and structure. Drill into the structure and you arrive at chaos. Drill into the chaos and you amazingly find structure. During the Jim and Tammy days, I despised both as the disgusting swaggard Haggard Swaggart hypocrites that bilk morons for millions and build air-conditioned dog houses.

Well, reality hit Tammy and hard. The reader can find details about her life elsewhere.


I am not qualified to discuss her life. My remarks are simply to express admiration for what I will not try to articulate. For those that have the distinctions, her appearance on Larry King the night before she died provides a stellar and moving example of how to take the red step.

Extraordinary.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the record, I am not the anonymous that posted in response to Francine.

I noticed this blog from a Google search Friday, and I read "Something Else" this weekend. It was riveting and provocative.

You are AWESOME. I am really impressed. I live in Michigan, but if I lived in Tucson, I would email you and request we meet.

Your work is fantastic. Keep it up. You are not just smart. You are smart about how to be smart. Lots of smart people are stupid about being smart.

Find a publisher, and you have me thinking in new ways about navigating, the border, and reality.

7/22/2007 8:36 PM  
Blogger x4mr said...

I appreciate the positive feedback, but I have this phobia about anonymous commentary, especially if it is positive.

I have this fear that people will think I am posting to my own blog.

Thanks anyway.

7/23/2007 1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



SOMETHING ELSE