Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Perfect Drug and Collapse

The United States is beginning to reap seeds it began sowing when the Reagan Administration transformed the GOP into a government hating slash and burn entity that mortgaged the future of this nation in almost every respect one can consider. The recent collapse of a bridge in Minneapolis perfectly symbolizes the decay, as does the unprecedented national debt, the unprecedented number of citizens without health care, the unprecedented level of corruption and collusion with lobbyists, the unprecedented levels of corporate welfare for robber barons, the massive growth of the gap between rich and poor, and the declining access to quality education at all levels.

We have government officials who hate government. "By the people for the people" has been supplanted with "by the wealthy for the wealthy" and what services do the wealthy require?

We have a government obsessed with finding services it can eliminate, not what services it should provide. Reagan threw the mentally ill from our hospitals into our prisons (bet that saved money). The war on drugs has got to be the most naked emperor farce ever perpetrated by a government. I'm not advocating we turn the nation into junkies. I'm saying the approach is just flat out stupid. I have a nineteen year old daughter. She can get anything, anything at all, as easily as a glass of milk.

Our national infrastructure has atrophied in areas from health care to education to transportation to energy to corporate regulation. Regarding the latter, examples include the savings and loan fiascos along with the junk bonds and Charles Keating as well as Worldcomm, Enron, and the electricity fiasco in California, and we now pad the pockets of Halliburton with the blood of our own children to accomplish what?

The last three decades have crippled our government’s ability to provide for the public good. The Bush administration has greatly amplified the destruction begun by Ronald Reagan. I despise the current GOP and its selling its soul in a complete abandonment of responsible government in favor of governance for the highest bidders. We have a government suffering from an acute addiction to $$THE PERFECT DRUG$$. Anyone that knows the atrocities committed in Congress to serve the pharmaceutical empire knows who our government serves. Thanks to the GOP, our corporations write and pass our laws.

The scorpions are stinging the frog in an unconscionable lack of regard for the fundamental well being of the United States of America, seemingly unclear of the consequences. We have been butchered financially, internationally, constitutionally, educationally, scientifically, judicially, militarily, and spiritually.

The Bush Administration is an abomination of unprecedented proportion in the history of the country, and the outrage, long overdue, is mounting as blood and money continue to be squandered by cementheads who will not listen. Our Attorney General is a lying lap dog embarrassment to the Latino community, a spineless, pathetic shell of a human being who has lived his life on his knees. His testimony is grotesque and nauseating.

W has slipped to 29, indicating his support is decaying among the impossible to decay base that until now could not stop supporting him. Congress has slipped. Opinion of the Supreme Court has slipped. In other words, the nation’s opinion of its government is at an all time low.

Apologies for the long rant and let's talk solutions. I can make the easy 40,000 foot observation that will surprise no one. We need a system that elects and promotes competence in government and representatives that solicit and listen to expertise.

How do we do this? The GOP sold the country to our corporations. I am not expressing love for the Democrats, far from it. The best thing I can say about the Democrats is that they are not Republicans. The Democrats did not sell this country to Exxon, Pfizer, and Halliburton.

How do we get the country back? I say we vote BLUE in 2008 with a scream. We are not screaming Yes to Pelosi, and we can say that loudly. We are screaming No to anything Cheney, the emperor kings that think they own this nation. We nuke the GOP to the stone age.

I will close with the silver lining. The silver lining is that the country is truly getting mad as hell. Lord Cheney and the corporate empire have pushed the pendulum far. Cheney and his ilk seem to forget that they have their money because our system let them get it. Our system also lets them keep it.

That can change.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post, and as usual, awesome imagery. Your pictures alone make the place worth a visit.

Yes, the country is addicted, but what do we do?

"Without you everything falls apart."

8/05/2007 1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An interesting rant from a person who until recently served corporate welfare by providing taxpayer subsidized training services for companies.

What a hypocrite.

8/05/2007 1:56 PM  
Blogger x4mr said...

Okay, anon. You want to talk tango with me about SAIAT? You're kidding, right?

I'll bitch slap your sorry ass six ways to Sunday all over the floor and then do the windows with your face, you clueless cow.

By its own hard work, SAIAT generated 70 percent of its required budget, the remaining 30 necessary for infrastructure support. Tucson is a small business community. Sure, we provided space for Raytheon, but the majority of our customers were small business owners requiring training support. We helped good people in this community.

Your remark is so ridiculous I wonder if you're Mouch. You think SAIAT served Halliburton?

8/05/2007 3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such talk from an enlightened soul!

Your fondness for Reznor comes as no surprise. I would speculate your daughter also enjoys? Let me guess, you've shared CD's.

What is your favorite song? "Where is Everybody?" is very good, but I must state that "Closer" remains superior.

Johnny Cash's rendition of "Hurt" might help convince Sirocco that there is more to art than language.

For the record, as is any navigator, I am a dualist like yourself. There can't be a border without another side, and x4mr, you know darkness more than casually.

Every stick has two ends.

8/05/2007 6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not the anonymous above and got here because of NIN. Cool photos.

"Closer" is the best, although "Wish" comes close, and Johnny Cash doing "Hurt" is incredible.

8/05/2007 8:36 PM  
Blogger Zelph said...

And the Democratic leadership won't impeach, or otherwise call this criminal government to account, because? Oh, it would be bad for business and for the companies they depend on for their campaign donations. Sadly, many, but not all, Dems are in the pocket of the big corporations as well as the Repubs. What to do? How do we get our country back?

8/05/2007 9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the first day of my last days
I built it up now I take it apart
Climbed up real high
Now fall down real far

No need for me to stay
The last thing left I just threw it away
I put my faith in God and my trust in you
Now there's nothing more fucked up I could do

Wish there was something real
Wish there was something true
Wish there was something real
In this world full of you

I'm the one without a soul
I'm the one with this big fucking hole
No new tale to tell
Twenty-six years on my way to hell
Gotta listen to your big time, hard line, bad luck fist fuck
Don't think you're having all the fun
You know me I hate everyone

Wish there was something real
Wish there was something true
Wish there was something real
In this world full of you

I want to but I can't turn back
But I want to, but I can't turn back

Wish there was something real
Wish there was something true

Wish there was something real
In this world full of you

8/05/2007 9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NIN is the music of my not distant youth. The first CD I ever owned was downward spiral. I think alot of our governmental problems are due in part to a lack of total transparency. I'm not talking about military or intel operations, but everyday government action. Some of the ethics reforms being pushed through are a start, but not nearly enough. I'm tempted to outlaw lobbying altogether, but I'm sure the lobby lobby would never let that even form as a thought.

Another part of the overall problem lies within the media as well. I'm not talking bias, I'm talking about the style over substance he said/she said reporting that now passes for journalism. When a reporter calls a source for info, then simply passes on what was told with no other investigation, we are told what said source wants us to hear.

I took the baby up to the grandparents hoouse yesterday, and politics came up. My grandmother's husband (normally a man I greatly admire) said he despised hillary. now I'm not a fan, but despise is a long way to go. when I asked why, he said "because of what she has gotten away with." He cited some lawyer on one of the WTC aircraft that supposedly had incriminating evidence. Where do folks hear this crap?

8/06/2007 5:50 AM  
Blogger Liza said...

x4mr,
I am still laughing about your 3:46 PM post. I seriously considered responding to the first Anonymous, but thought it better to let you do it.

"Enlightened soul" or not, there is a time to kick ass.

Anyhow, Navigator, I'm not into enlightenment. I have kind of a new world view that I would like to share with you sometime. I can spell it out in one short paragraph. Maybe later.

8/06/2007 7:35 AM  
Blogger Sirocco said...

To be fair, issues with lobbyists pre-date Reagan ...

Having said that, I agree it's not surprising a party which consistently claims government can't do things correctly, or at least as efficiently as the private sector, regularly manages to muck things up. After all, if they actually _did_ do something right (like, say, an efficient and useful national health care program) they would be undercutting their own argument.

It might be true a totally free and open market removes inefficiencies. Unfortunately, we don't know if that's true because it's the job of corporate lobbyists to ensure such a totally free and open market never actually exists.

They do their job well.

8/06/2007 7:45 AM  
Blogger Sirocco said...

The NIN anthem which could be a tribute to our current President and his administration:

God money Ill do anything for you.
God money just tell me what you want me to.
God money nail me up against the wall.
God money dont want everything he wants it all.

No you cant take it
No you cant take it
No you cant take that away from me
No you cant take it
No you cant take it
No you cant take that away from me

Head like a hole.
Black as your soul.
Id rather die than give you control.
Head like a hole.
Black as your soul.
Id rather die than give you control.

Bow down before the one you serve.
Youre going to get what you deserve.
Bow down before the one you serve.
Youre going to get what you deserve.

God moneys not looking for the cure.
God moneys not concerned with the sick among the pure.
God money lets go dancing on the backs of the bruised.
God moneys not one to choose
No you cant take it
No you cant take it
No you cant take that away from me
No you cant take it
No you cant take it
No you cant take that away from me

Head like a hole.
Black as your soul.
Id rather die than give you control.
Head like a hole.
Black as your soul.
Id rather die than give you control.

Bow down before the one you serve.
Youre going to get what you deserve.
Bow down before the one you serve.
Youre going to get what you deserve.

Bow down before the one you serve.
Youre going to get what you deserve.
Bow down before the one you serve.
Youre going to get what you deserve.

Head like a hole.
Black as your soul.
Id rather die than give you control.
Head like a hole.
Black as your soul.
Id rather die than give you control.

Bow down before the one you serve.
Youre going to get what you deserve.
Bow down before the one you serve.
Youre going to get what you deserve.

You know who you are.




Ominously prophetic.

8/06/2007 7:49 AM  
Blogger x4mr said...

Sirocco,

PERFECT.

8/06/2007 9:28 AM  
Blogger x4mr said...

Liza,

Good to hear from you again. Yeah, the 3:46 post was kinda fun. I laughed also.

8/06/2007 9:54 AM  
Blogger Liza said...

Hi, x4mr,
I've been reading.

I like your rant here. However, I question your optimism. People are mad as hell? About what? And what are they doing about it? What CAN they do about it?

What is voting BLUE going to achieve other than a slightly slower rate of destruction? If Hillary is elected, there will be an almost seamless continuation of a failed US foreign policy. Need I say the two words? Israel and oil.

Share the reasons for your optimism. I would like to be convinced. Seriously....

Evil is winning. Look around. Evil is better organized and I'm convinced will prevail.

So, tell me something. Give it a shot.

8/06/2007 11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah! Hah! Hah!

I react not to Liza's remark, but to x4mr's post yesterday.

Hah! Hah! Hah! Hah! Hah! Hah!

(gasp, stomach hurting)

Hah! Hah! Hah! Hah! Hah! Hah!

Doing the windows with someone's face!!!!! Oh, god, I get this visual......

Hah! Hah! Hah! Hah! Hah! Hah!
Hah! Hah! Hah! Hah! Hah! Hah!

I can't stop, oh god, that's funny.

8/06/2007 12:01 PM  
Blogger x4mr said...

Liza,

My next post, tomorrow at the latest, will directly address your question.

8/06/2007 2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, x4mr!

I was just reviewing some content, and it just clicked the image of Reznor and the coffee cup.

That is pure poetry of exquisite depth. Fascinating.

"a scab that I just knew was something bad"

Brilliant. I know the scab.

Patiently waiting.

8/19/2007 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



SOMETHING ELSE