Sunday, February 03, 2008

Nightmare Unfolding

Tucson, Arizona. Regarding the mental health holocaust in our military, a meltdown as poorly recognized as the impending recession that will cripple this country, Mending Mutiliated Minds discusses EMDR and the treatment available.
Ninety Minutes documents the suicide epidemic.
Collateral Damage shows that veterans can crack in ways that take others with them.

Home of the Brave portrays with brutal accuracy what we are doing to our military. No language can capture my rage regarding the greedy demonic exploitation of patriotism for profit. In the service of war profiteers seeking personal gain at the expense of all others, our fine young men and women find themselves facing the mutilation of their bodies, their minds, and their lives.

Truth finds a way. It operates far more slowly than the just and moral desire, but it has a way of applying time and pressure. The power of truth is that it is true. It takes energy to support a lie. The truth just is.

CBS News took the lead in November and had another piece a few days ago. Just today, CNN broke a story that continues to add to the growing recognition of an accelerating epidemic. The truth finds a way.

In 50 years (assuming someone is still alive), Bush will have the esteem currently bestowed upon Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler, Idi Amin, Mussolini, and Caligula.

On second thought, I take that back. Any survivors remaining on the planet in fifty years will have far more respect for the above despots than for an arrogant puppet so ignorant he believes his decisions are his own.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liza said...

x4mr,
Check out this website, Veterans for Common Sense.

Read "Defeat Without End."

2/04/2008 11:23 AM  
Blogger x4mr said...

Liza,

Excellent link. It makes me so angry I can't see straight. I hope I live long enough to see the full truth about all of this come out.

I rarely experience blood lust, but I have to say I would sing and dance if certain individuals were tried and convicted for treason and shot by firing squad. It won't happen. The best I can hope for in the next year is the blue tsunami.

McCain is not a strong candidate. I believe his age is more problematic than the GOP realizes.

Obama would crucify him. I can't go to a Hillary nomination yet. Like the anti-McCain conservatives, I'm still in denial.

2/04/2008 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home



SOMETHING ELSE