Tuesday, November 06, 2007

No Surprises In Tucson

(New City Council Members Regina Romero and Rodney Glassman) Tucson, Arizona. Just a brief post noting that all expectations were fulfilled today regarding the elections. Rodney, Regina, Robert, and Shirley walked to easy victories and Proposition 200 bought the farm as everyone knew. What may have drawn some uncertainty was the proposed raise in the salaries of council members.

Uhh, no.

I hope Rodney and Regina can bring sound leadership to the community. I wonder what they think about economic development and the TREO circus.

Oh, on an entirely unrelated matter of interest to perhaps no one, your humble blogger confronted the almighty SAS god over lunch today. I pulled it off with only syntax errors readily resolved. The application appears very powerful, but not for the faint of heart. What an environment. I smell horsepower.

6 Comments:

Blogger Liza said...

Regina will definitely be the cutest council member, for whatever that's worth.

11/07/2007 8:03 AM  
Blogger Sirocco said...

I find I can't make any reasonable argument against Liza's assertion.

11/07/2007 10:36 AM  
Blogger x4mr said...

I had the privilege of sitting right next to Regina during the Tucson Town Hall one afternoon, a delightful experience.

Sitting right next to me, she said, "There are people blogging about this event" (which I was doing profusely) and Giffords assistant, whose name I forget, stared directly at me.

I was still anonymous at the time. I thought I was had.

11/07/2007 10:56 AM  
Blogger Liza said...

Why, x4mr, I would think that sitting next to you was an equally delightful experience for Ms. Romero. Perhaps she reads your blog, and hopefully, "Something Else."

11/07/2007 1:43 PM  
Blogger x4mr said...

Oh, Liza.

Yeah, she could barely keep her eyes off of me and wept when I declined dinner at her place followed by a bottle of port in the jacuzzi.

11/08/2007 9:26 AM  
Blogger Liza said...

Lay off the romance novels, x4mr. I just meant that you would be an interesting conversationalist which is what I thought you meant about sitting next to RR.

11/08/2007 9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home



SOMETHING ELSE