Sunday, November 18, 2007

Good Luck Patty

Tucson, Arizona. This morning's AZ Daily Star has a piece noting that Patty Weiss and her husband are out of here, moving to Madison, Wisconsin. The career move, so to speak, belongs to husband Dr. Alan J. Gelenberg, who resigned from the head of psychiatry at the University of Arizona, which has had some issues in its medical administration, which I won't touch. I hear rumblings that someone over there is horrible, causing massive resignations. I don't know who, and I hope they resolve the situation.

Madison is serious cold, Patty.

From the article:

Political decisions at the local and state level were some heavy factors, Weiss said.

"I'm disappointed in the lack of vision and follow-through, from the UA to the city and county governments into the state," she said. "It's hard for Arizona to compete with states where people have a different attitude for moving forward."

And that makes it hard for Arizona to compete, Weiss said.

"We don't have a Legislature funding education and social infrastructure," she said. "I am jaded. It probably is best to take a look at a new place."


Well said, Patty. We have a community that slits the throat of a work force development institute providing customized training to working Tucsonans and then turns around and hands $280 grand in free rent to a coffee shop. Our economic development gurus think the key is making Tucson "bohemian" so gay sculptors will move to town, drink espresso, and erect erotic art that promotes the entrepreneurial spirit of our youth.

Uh-huh. Like 40,000+ others, I am a student at the University of Arizona. Like virtually every one of them upon graduation, I will do what Patty is doing.

Move somewhere that doesn't pay cockroaches to get fondled by con artists.

Good Luck and Godspeed, Patty. You were part of what contributes to this community, one who actually served and made a difference, and thank you for the difference you made.

3 Comments:

Anonymous the doctor said...

When Roach does resign and move on (and of course he will when the con is over) and you post his tombstone, will you keep blogging?

11/18/2007 5:39 PM  
Blogger Daniel R. Patterson said...

I am more optimistic on AZ's future, which is why I'm running for AZ House, but I'm sorry to see Patty go.

Daniel Patterson (D-LD29)
for Arizona House
http://danielpatterson.net

11/19/2007 3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came back to Tucson after 15-plus years away, took a pay cut, advanced $$ for a while, then took another pay cut, for health and sanity reasons. And personal dignity. I like to be able to look at myself in the mirror in the AM.
I guess if you are out for the Almighty Dollar, you gotta leave.
Folks, there's more to life than six figure credit card balances and HumVees.
Trust me.
BTW, I was in New England for the interim. Go Pats. Yea Sox.

11/19/2007 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home



SOMETHING ELSE