Saturday, September 08, 2007

Randy Pullen's Commentless Blog

Tucson, Arizona. Randy Pullen is the Chair of the Arizona Republican Party. He defeated Lisa James by the narrowest of votes.

Razor thin. Prior to his victory, Michael’s Blog for AZ (link at right) had an interesting post regarding Nathan Sproule.

Those who produce a blog can choose to allow comments or not. They can also copyright the material or not. The Rothenberg Political Report does not allow comments and copyrights its content rather seriously.

Randy Pullen has a blog, and he is actually rather prolific.

I can’t stand the place and retract my earlier remark that the man is not an idiot.

Randy’s blog solicits comments. He does not get them. Why isn’t anyone posting comments at Randy’s place?

Lack of commentary does not imply lack of readership. This blog is an example. I’ve chosen not to discuss the traffic here and have my reasons (has to do with respecting the reader's privacy), but if the reader has seen Eyes Wide Shut, during the pool table scene, the Pollack character tells Cruise, "If you knew who was there, you wouldn’t sleep tonight."

Is that what’s happening at Randy’s place? He has posted five months of material, and no one finds it compelling enough to post a response yea or nay? What does the lack of commentary mean? I don’t know, but I will offer speculation.

He’s an idiot with a stupid blog no one considers worth reading, let alone posting a comment.

6 Comments:

Blogger Liza said...

A lot of idiots have stupid blogs and people still read them and make comments.

Pullen's problem is that he is a gasbag, and he's boring.

9/08/2007 2:11 PM  
Blogger Michael Bryan said...

Matt, I do actually comment at Randy blog occasionally (bitingly, I must say, though never discourteously or offensively), and my comments never get past moderation by Pullen. I suspect that no comments even get looked at. That's why no comments.

9/08/2007 6:39 PM  
Blogger x4mr said...

Michael,

Thanks so much. That explains a lot and makes perfect sense. I would guess that you are spot on.

In my opinion, if one is going to solicit comments, solicit them.

That said, your tolerance exceeds mine. I would nuke DL's psychotic rants. I am not criticizing at all. A man's blog is his castle and you do whatever you want.

9/08/2007 9:22 PM  
Blogger Liza said...

Interesting. So Pullen is a boring gasbag who does not wish to be challenged or does not really wish to engage in discussion. So why use the blog format?

9/09/2007 9:06 AM  
Blogger thinkright said...

Liza,
Jimmy Pederson had his blog last year and never posted.
Honestly, the Pullen blog is not written by Pullen, it just posts the AZ GOP press releases.
Your favorite blogger, TR

9/10/2007 11:37 AM  
Blogger x4mr said...

Okay TR,

WTF!

I'm really not out to pick a fight, and it's no big deal, but if it's not his blog, why does the url read "my_blog" and why does it show his photo over an "email me" link?

If it's not his blog and just posts AZ GOP press releases, keep the elephant and the color scheme and change the flippin banner to "GOP Press Releases" or whatever, and have the photo include Ash and other operatives.

Come on.

9/10/2007 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home



SOMETHING ELSE