Saturday, August 04, 2007

Bee Will Not Resign to Run?

Tucson, Arizona. Well, according to local blogger ThinkRight's comment at an earlier story, Tim Bee is going to finish his term as president of the Arizona senate and not resign to run against Gabrielle Giffords for Arizona congressional district 8 seat.

Make no mistake, Tim Bee is running against Gabrielle Giffords. The news is that he will not resign to do it. Others more versed in election law will have to remark here or elsewhere about the implications. I have already posted with considerable confidence the main theme of the attack against Giffords, but I remained unclear on the timing of Bee's resignation. If ThinkRight is correct, Bee will complete his term and not resign at all.

Is this confidence? Arrogance? Whatever calculations are behind the strategy, I stand corrected and surprised. I thought that to have the slightest chance, he would have to resign to run, by October or so at the latest.

CD 8 is a very interesting district that in a special way represents the entire country. This will be a fascinating race. Bee has just surprised me. No doubt he will surprise me again.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Kelly said...

Not everyone agrees with the prediction of ThinkRight. Some conservatives even question if he is “in the loop” these days.

8/04/2007 8:55 PM  
Blogger thinkright said...

Tim's position of Prez of the Senate representing Southern AZ is an important job and he can help all southern AZ by staying in and accomplishing work for all of us.

Kelly, I think that the term you're looking for is "in the noose"...I am definately not "in the loop" with the 11% and no money folks that are attempting to marginalize the party...That have driven moderate business support & offended the Hispanic community with their lathered up anti-immigration speak.

I am not "in the loop" with the standard bearer of the AZ GOP Pearce. I hope your candidate from the AZ 8th isn't "in the loop" with those, it will marginalize his attempt in 2008.

8/04/2007 9:52 PM  
Blogger thinkright said...

sorry, I got distracted (my ADD)...
Tim is not arrogant, he honestly understands the importance of his position and is always putting Southern AZ first. He is a servant of the people and takes it seriously.

8/04/2007 10:59 PM  
Blogger Sirocco said...

I appreciate Tim's attitude if that is the case, but it will unquestionably add a "degree of difficulty" factor to his campaign if, in fact, he serves his full term.

8/05/2007 6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home



SOMETHING ELSE