Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th! Political Potpourri Border and Bee

Tucson, Arizona. Enjoy your Fourth, all. We're doing 110+ today. What a terrific day to stand in the sun over a grill flipping steaks. Starting with Ernesto Portillo's piece on the border non-legislation in Washington and our governor's signing what former Congressman Kolbe calls a bad bill, the piece accurately declares that the thing is an implementation mess. As I've said, we cannot send the twelve million home. Not to Monday AM the senate, but the smart move this summer would be to not address the twelve million at all and get something passed to fortify the border itself.

I don't know anyone arguing to keep the border itself at status quo.

Your humble blogger has learned some scoop. I ran into my ultimate insider friend, whom I call "Cigar Man" because I occasionally see him at the shop. We step outside and he reveals top secret insider stuff. He told me that the astronaut woman that drove across the country was NOT wearing a diaper. She DID have diapers in the back seat of her car intended for children. Her attorney speaks the truth. He has also told me that Congresswoman Giffords, much to Thinkright's chagrin, will NOT appear on the Colbert Report's "Better Know a District." Given that the mission of the show is to make the official look as stupid as possible, the decision hardly surprises.

Tim Bee is smart, perhaps smart enough to choose the right battles. A good guess (and I am guessing) is that he is curious to see Giffords' war chest when she files her reports in the near future for funds as of June 30. The number will be large, and those pro-blue freshmen AFSCME ads continue supporting her, having shifted from the minimum wage to prescription drugs.

Janet terms out, Tim. You are president of the senate. You term out, and what timing! Take stock of the adversaries. For governor, you have my vote in both the primary and the general. For CD 8, you don't. Oh, and consider the winds and general mood of 2008 versus 2010, federal vs. state. The hatred and resentment towards Bush continues to escalate. 2008 is a GOP nightmare in Washington. Bush's "pardon" exacerbates the outrage more than one might initially think. Bush and Cheney consider themselves above the law. It is difficult to be more blatant, but I have confidence in both to take the outrage to higher levels.

I am buried in Something Else, and the cast I listed is missing at least 20-30 people. The document has become my Mt. Everest. All rationality has left the building. I have to do it, even if it kills me.

It might.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Sal said...

The astronaut "scoop" made the wires a few days ago.

7/05/2007 9:05 AM  
Anonymous Sal said...

http://wjz.com/topstories/local_story_180222017.html

7/05/2007 9:24 AM  
Blogger roger said...

Good to see that I am not the only person that thinks Bee would be wasting a shot at Gov. by going up against Giffords.

I also think that he is waiting for the money reports to come out as you speak of. It gives him a sense of how much he will have to raise and catch up with.

Her website claims that she raised over $15,000 online in the week before the reporting deadline. Probably a ton of them from small donors.

7/05/2007 9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home



SOMETHING ELSE