Saturday, May 12, 2007

The Legislature That's Packing

Defying my until now concept of reality, Arizona Senate President Tim Bee has endorsed the practice of our state lawmakers carrying firearms into the building. His chief of staff, Victor Riches, is quoted, "a state law prohibiting individuals from having firearms in public buildings is 'optional.'"

?!

I no doubt stretch my credibility, so please verify that I kid you not. I am not surprised the issue was raised due to Karen Johnson, R-Mesa, who easily passes muster as double secret probation certified stupid.

I will skip the disconcerting rabbit hole called "optional state law" and instead jump to the visual of the Arizona House of Representatives engaged in heated debate each holstered up with a 9 mm Glock. The linked article above goes on to discuss the safety of the House and Senate buildings, noting that most of the guards are unarmed.

3 Comments:

Anonymous joseph said...

My stomach is hurting.

Oh, god.

Someone needs to tell Jon Stewart about this.

5/12/2007 8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAH! HAH! HAH!

Where did you find that picture?

HAH! HAH! HAH!

(gasping)

That man's face just kills me.

HAH! HAH! HAH!

You have made my weekend. HAH!!!

5/12/2007 10:41 AM  
Blogger Curtis said...

Is his gun jammed, or is he just really really constipated?? (or maybe both??)

5/12/2007 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home



SOMETHING ELSE