Saturday, January 20, 2007

Sasabe--Take Two

Tucson, Arizona. This morning's Daily Star has an article providing substantially more detail about the Sasabe incident I posted about here, and it turns out this scene is more disturbing than most probably thought.

Things are a little weird when I find myself agreeing with Chris Simcox, who (surprise) has his own blog.

The National Guard report has this verbiage, ""We see this as a triumph of the training, discipline and professionalism of the Guardsmen performing this mission."

What mission?

Make no mistake, I am glad no blood was shed, but I find it disconcerting that a band of guys wearing body armor equipped with automatic weapons can just walk up to our border, and the guys we have on post, seeing this, are following protocol and "succeeding" when they tuck their tails as far under their fannies as they can and run away.

Let's face it, we are not protecting our border. We just aren't. I'm not even going to try to suggest what should be done, just way too much else on my plate, and speaking of that:

Yes, my prolificity has dropped a little and may stay a little down for the next few months. As I have hinted, a career change is likely looming. Not for sure, but likely, and having one foot in one canoe and another foot in another is time consuming, and add to that, I am working on a MAMMOTH blog post. This thing is enormous and has become a huge time sink.

I hinted at it here and the table of contents has grown and modified slightly. It is now:

1993
Introduction
Perspectives Promising NVC
AF BOD
Blindness, Vision, and Sheer Terror
Viability and a Working Model
1981
Games
1968
You’re Bleeding Again
Dead Man Walking
Guardian Angel
The Fork
Conclusion
Organizations
1963

I'm speculating all will be known by June or July. My efforts to resist blogging about the presidential election are cracking, and Hillary's entry into the race has done me in. Tomorrow if not today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Liza said...

What am I missing here? All law enforcement agencies have protocols that are intended to minimize the danger to the officers and civilians while dealing with the situation as expeditiously as possible. It is not cowardice to recognize a situation where you might easily be killed and follow a protocol that requires you to call for help. The goal is to neutralize the situation without killing everybody.

1/20/2007 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home



SOMETHING ELSE